Woody Bay - 30ft built 1898

Woody Bay - 30ft built 1898

 

Present Location Woody Bay
Length in feet 30
Built by The Isca Foundry Co
Year Built 1898
Type Balanced
Power Hand
Gauge 1ft 11 1/2in
Operating No
Owner Lynton and Barnstaple Railway Trust
Notes Originally located at Pilton Yard Barnstaple. Sold to Romney Hythe and Dymchurch Railway in 1935, when the L&B closed, for installation at New Romney. Sold to the L&BRT when no longer requied by RH&DR, and moved back to Devon. Has a riveted steel beam fitted with flat bottom rails. Build date is approximate. Stored dismantled in the car park at Woody Bay station - previously at Chelfham station . One of the few pieces of L&B equipment to have survived complete.
Date of Inspection 08/04/2011
Inspected by Colin Rainsbury
Date Record Last Updated 22/11/2014

 
 


 

Start Another Search - Vintage Carriages Trust Web Site

Use or publication of this data must acknowledge the Turntable Survey as the source. Information from Railway

 Heritage Register web sites must not be used in a commercial context without the written permission of the

Railway Heritage Register.